Imperial is a British Columbia explorer, developer and mining operator.
Our history began in December 1959 when Imperial Metals & Power Ltd. was incorporated in British Columbia. Over the past five decades, the Company has undergone a number of transitions to become the Company we are today. The most pivotal was in 1995 when Imperial merged with Bethlehem Resources Corporation. This merger set the Company on a new path, bringing together our current team under the direction of Brian Kynoch. Our management team has worked together for 20+ years, and has been involved in construction and/or operation of seven mines, the majority in British Columbia. Since 1994, Murray Edwards has been the Company’s largest shareholder and an important component of our growth and development. Our expertise and focus is on base and precious metals.
The majority of our operations and exploration projects are located in British Columbia. We own, through our subsidiaries, the Red Chris copper|gold mine [the mine achieved commercial production in July 2015] and the Mount Polley copper|gold mine, and we hold a 50% interest in the Huckleberry copper mine and the Ruddock Creek lead|zinc property. We also control a portfolio of exploration stage projects throughout the Province. Our sole active project outside of Canada is the Sterling mine in Nevada.
- regional expertise and focus in British Columbia
- integration of exploration, development and operations to minimize risks and maximize value
- generate working capital from internal cash flow and as necessary, project debt financing
- focus on maintaining ownership of core assets - own what we operate
Objectives for 2015
- complete commissioning and achieve commercial production at Red Chris mine
- rehabilitation of areas affected by Mount Polley breach
- commence modified operation of Mount Polley mine and permitting for normalized operations
- continue exploration and permitting to advance Ruddock Creek mine development
- complete permitting and commence open pit development at Sterling mine
- initiate property wide exploration of Sterling property