Imperial is a British Columbia explorer, developer and mining operator.
Our history in the mining industry began in December 1959 when Imperial Metals & Power Ltd. was incorporated in British Columbia. Over the past five decades, the Company has undergone a number of transitions to become the Company we are today. The most pivotal was in 1995 when Imperial merged with Bethlehem Resources Corporation. This merger set the Company on a new path, bringing together our current team under the direction of Brian Kynoch. Our management team has worked together for 20+ years, and has been involved on construction and/or operation of seven mines, the majority in British Columbia. Since 1994, Murray Edwards has been the Company's largest shareholder and an important component of our growth and development. He currently owns 36% of the Company's shares.
Our expertise and focus is on base and precious metals. The majority of our operations and exploration projects are in British Columbia, Canada. The Red Chris 30,000 tonne per day copper/gold mine currently in final stage development will be Imperial's third operating mine in British Columbia. We anticipate commissioning of the mine to commence in the 4Q 2014. In British Columbia we own and operate the Mount Polley open pit copper/gold mine, and we have 50% interest in both the Huckleberry open pit copper mine and the Ruddock Creek zinc/lead project. Our sole active project outside of British Columbia is the Sterling heap leach gold mine in Nevada.
- regional expertise and focus is on British Columbia
- integrates disciplines of exploration, development and operations to minimize risks and maximize value
- generate working capital from internal cash flow and as necessary, project debt financing
- focus on maintaining ownership of core assets "own what we operate"
Corporate Objectives for 2014
- Red Chris debt financing - completed March 2014
- complete construction of Iskut extension to the NTL and connection to Red Chris mine site
- complete Red Chris mine commissioning and achieve commercial production
- underground production from Boundary zone at Mount Polley
- continue exploration at Mount Polley to further increase mine life and performance
- continue exploration and permitting at Ruddock Creek to advance mine development
- permitting and planning for open pit mine and new heap leach pad at Sterling
- secure replacement parts for Huckleberry SAG mill
- met stated construction goals for Red Chris mine
- finalized agreements with BC Hydro for power delivery to Red Chris
- initiated construction of 93km Iskut extension to the NTL
- new tailings facility completed at Huckleberry