Imperial is a British Columbia explorer, developer and mining operator.
Our history dates back to December 1959 when Imperial Metals & Power Ltd. was incorporated in British Columbia. Over the past five decades, the Company has undergone a number of transitions to become the Company we are today. The most pivotal was in 1995 when Imperial merged with Bethlehem Resources Corporation. This merger set the Company on a new path, bringing together our current team under the direction of Brian Kynoch. Many of our management team have worked together for over 20 years, and have been involved in construction and/or operation of seven mines, the majority in British Columbia.
Our expertise and focus is on base and precious metals. The majority of our operations and exploration projects are located in British Columbia. We own, through our subsidiaries, the Red Chris copper|gold mine and the Mount Polley copper|gold mine, and we hold a 50% interest in the Huckleberry copper mine and the Ruddock Creek lead|zinc property. We also control a portfolio of exploration stage projects in British Columbia.
- regional expertise and focus in British Columbia
- integration of exploration, development and operations to minimize risks and maximize value
- generate working capital from internal cash flow and as necessary, project debt financing
- focus on maintaining ownership of core assets - own what we operate
Objectives for 2016
- maintain feasibility level production capacity and recovery at Red Chris mine
- obtain permitting to continue full operations at Mount Polley mine
- monitor and continue necessary rehabilitation of areas affected by Mount Polley breach
- continue permitting to advance Ruddock Creek mine development
- continue permitting at Sterling mine
- continue property wide exploration of Sterling property
- evaluate exploration and development opportunities