Imperial is a British Columbia explorer, developer and mining operator.
Our history dates back to December 1959 when Imperial Metals & Power Ltd. was incorporated in British Columbia. Over the past five decades, Imperial has undergone a number of transitions to become the Company we are today. The two most pivotal transitions were the merger with Bethlehem Resources Corporation in 1995, and the acquisition of American Bullion Ltd. and the Red Chris project in 2007. The first set Imperial on a new path bringing together our current technical team under the direction of President Brian Kynoch, and the second secured the Company’s long-term future as subsequent exploration confirmed a tremendous unknown value.
- regional expertise and focus in British Columbia
- integration of exploration, development and operations to minimize risks and maximize value
- focus on maximizing ownership of core assets - own what we operate
Objectives for 2018
- continue to optimize production capacity and recovery at the Red Chris mine
- continue engineering studies to evaluate development options for the deep resource at Red Chris
- monitor, and as necessary, undertake further rehabilitation of areas affected by the Mount Polley breach
- continue to work towards initiating underground development of the Martel and Green zones at Mount Polley
- evaluate alternate mine plans to optimize Huckleberry mine future operating performance, and the potential to extend the life of the mine
- continue exploration within the Huckleberry property to test known areas of mineralization and other defined targets, not part of the existing development area
- continue baseline sampling in support of ongoing permitting to advance Ruddock Creek mine development
- continue exploration on our existing property portfolio and evaluate new opportunities