Imperial is a British Columbia explorer, developer and mining operator.
Our history dates back to December 1959 when Imperial Metals & Power Ltd. was incorporated in British Columbia. Over the past five decades, the Company has undergone a number of transitions to become the Company we are today. The most pivotal was in 1995 when Imperial merged with Bethlehem Resources Corporation. This merger set the Company on a new path, bringing together our current team under the direction of Brian Kynoch. Many of our management team have worked together for over 20 years, and have been involved in construction and/or operation of seven mines, the majority in British Columbia.
- regional expertise and focus in British Columbia
- integration of exploration, development and operations to minimize risks and maximize value
- generate working capital from internal cash flow
- focus on maintaining ownership of core assets - own what we operate
Objectives for 2017
- continue to work to achieve and maintain feasibility level production capacity and recovery at Red Chris mine
- continue engineering studies to evaluate development options for the deep resource at Red Chris
- monitor and continue necessary rehabilitation of areas affected by Mount Polley breach
- complete mine plan, economic analysis and, if warranted, initiate development of the Martel and Green zones at Mount Polley
- review alternate mine plans to further enhance Huckleberry’s operating performance and extension of mine life
- conduct comprehensive review of the exploration potential at Huckleberry
- continue permitting to advance Ruddock Creek mine development
- evaluate exploration and development potential on the existing property portfolio and evaluate new opportunities